ZWO ASI094MC Pro CMOS Camera User Review

Status
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
Hallo Pavel,

das ist ein interessanter Review. Da ich schon eine Zeit lang mit dem Gedanken spiele, mir eine CMOS Color Kamera anzuschaffen, habe ich einige Fragen dazu:

1) Ich nutze ein Takahashi FSQ 106N (Brennweite 530 mm, Öffnung 106 mm). Die Pixelgröße der ASI094 von 4,88 µm müsste eigentlich sehr gut zu diesem Refraktor passen, oder?
2) Verursacht der IR-Cut Filter Probleme mit internen Reflexen?
3) Wo muss der IR-Cut Filter eingebaut werden, damit interne Reflexe vermieden werden: möglichst nahe am Sensor oder möglichst weit davon entfernt?
4) Wie groß ist der Abstand des IR-Cut Filters in Deiner Adaption?

Bernd

Hallo Bernd,

ich antworte in English als es is leichter fur mich :)

1 - genau :) die beste kombination
2 - nein, habe kein problem mit reflexen gefunden
3 - the farther the filter from the chip the less you may find some, the closer the filter to the chip the more prone to reflections it could be... but as I said in #2 no issue here at all
I expect that if I do not use UV/IR cut, additional filter, and only leave the AR protective window in place I would get IR signal too which will ruin the quality of the picture and maybe (probably will) see reflections from the IR portion of the corrector walls etc. stuff in the optical train...

4 - my filter is mounted as close to the original window as possible I'd say 3mm? maybe 4mm.

but I did it for my reason - I hate vignetting and if I have to put 2" filter there (that's 48mm instead of 52mm one) I am afraid of vignetting... so I wanted the additional uv ir cut to be as close to the camera as possible :)

:)

Hi Pavel,

thank you very much for your detailed answers.

I am still uncertain whether to spend so much money for my first dedicated (and cooled) astro camera. How would you rate the smaller format camera ASI071MC Pro (Sensor size: 23,6 x 15,7 mm, Pixel size 4,78 µm) which costs less than half as much?

Bernd

Bernd, I have not enough information on that aps-c sized chip so I can't tell anything about it...

what I can tell is:
(1) that the new sony sensor zwo asi 294 mc shall be very very very good!
but it's 4/3"

(2) for your FSQ106 you really want big chip! :) would be pity to not use as large chip as possible for such a nice telescope!

unfortunately, the asi 294 seems to have an issue due to (the fact is actually not 100% known, but there's a suspicion) that appeared after the camera hit the market... :-(

therefore currently, I adviced to two other friends of mine to rather get the ASI071MC Pro (current latest version) if the full frame ASI094 is too expensive...

the 071 has 14-bit ADC, zero amp-glow issues (like ASI094).

Hello Pavel,

do you have more information about the "issue" with the 294 you mentioned? Probably a link?

I'm thinking about buying this camera and would be interested what you mean with the issue it has...

Thank you very much for any information...

Kind regards,
Klaus

Status
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
Oben