Informationen zu CAMRAS/websdr | Astronomie.de - Der Treffpunkt für Astronomie

Informationen zu CAMRAS/websdr

Okke_Dillen

Mitglied
Tolle Links, danke Eberhard!:y:

Eine Frage: was sind "Birdies"?
Kontext: Antennenkabelverbesserungen etc... "resulted in less noise, better SNR, amost no birdies, ..."
Es muß sich um eine Art Störung handeln, aber was für eine?

MG Okke

eberhard_ehret

Mitglied
Tach,
"Birdie" (engl. Vögelchen) sind ganz kurze HF-Störungen (ein "piep" von einem Vögelchen), die unterschiedlichste Ursachen
(Interferenzen im Gerät, HF-Schleudern wie Netzgeräte, Überspannungen, Weidezäune u.ä.) die ein kurzes hochfrequentes Signal erzeugen, das dann ein "Piep oder Knattern" in einem Empfänger verursacht. Man hat dann Probleme zu erkennen: War es ein echtes oder ein Störsignal ?
LG Eberhard

eberhard_ehret

Mitglied
Hallo liebe Gemeinde,
das OK für die Veröffentlichungen der Antworten ist da.
Hier nun die Antworten zu den Antennen und weitere Links....

Es stellt sich die Frage, ob und inwieweit wir hier eine Zusammenarbeit mit den netten Holländern hier angehen möchten ?

Evtl. wären ja Okke's SpectraLab Ergänzungen durchaus auch für andere Beobachter interessant - ??

LG Eberhard

Originalantworten aus 2 mails:

Am 2020-10-04 14:53, schrieb Simon Bijlsma:

Dear Eberhard,

thank you that you like using our webSDR! The antennae we use for the reception of meteors are as follows: on 2m we use a 5 element homemade 28 Ohm Yagi after the DK7ZB design. It is on a pole at 10 meters above ground level. The antenna is approximately 10 to 15 degrees tilted upwards and bearing south to the direction of Dijon where the GRAVES radar is.

For the 6m reception we use a single 3 element homemade 28 Ohm Yagi also after the DK7ZB design.This antenna is on a 5m high pole and also elevated for 15 degrees and bearing south south west mainly for reception of the Ypres VVS beacon. Because of the 3dB aperture of the 3 element Yagi the BRAMS beacon at Dourbes can be received simultaneously without noticeable loss of efficiency since the azimut angle between both beacons seen from Dwingeloo is not too far apart.

In 2018 i gave a presentation on our webSDR meteor receiving system at the EURACA conference at Astropeiler Stockert in Germany.You can find more info and pictures on this url: https://astropeiler.de/european-conference-amateur-radio-astronomy-2018
I also recommend to read Frans de Jong PE1RXJ his presentation on the same site about the results with meteor scatter reception with our webSDR setup.

Since then we have updated the receiver with a separate GRAVES receiver via a Funcube dongle tuned to 143 MHz. Alongside the 2m RTL SDR dongle that was set to cover the whole 2m amateur band in order to be able to receive satellites as well. Also recently 23cm EME has been added to the existing 70 cm EME receiver both also with RTL SDR dongles.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently on how our setup is. It started as a small experimental setup but it has been successful online for several years already.

73's de Simon PA7SB

Op 4 okt. 2020 15:49 schreef dl3wa@darc.de:
Hello Simon,
many thanks and "bedankt" for this very informative and detailed answer.

May I share your answer with my "colleagues" from the German Astronomy Forum "www.astronomie.de" ?
We have an own sub-forum "radio-astronomy" and exchange very intensive our observations with our own equipment (SDR-Receivers, Yagis/HB9CV for GRAVES and BRAMS/VVS) as well with the observations via CAMRAS.
https://forum.astronomie.de/forums/radio-meteor-satelliten-beobachtung.243/
Thanks in advance for your "OK".
vy 73 Eberhard DL3WA

Hello Eberhard,

You may use my information to share on your forum.

Nice to see that there are many meteor scatter enthusiasts in Germany too!

Please do forward also the weblink to our Camras homepage and the webSDR site. Frans PE1RXJ and myself have written several articles on meteor scatter reception and how to build the antennas.

Meteors – Dwingeloo Radio Telescope | CAMRAS

And

This link is very convenient so that you don't have to retune every time. You can alter the frequency setting to Ypres or GRAVES likewise.

Best 73's de Simon PA7SB

################################################################################

Oben