Siril 0.99.4 released (beta version of Siril 1.0.0)

Status
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
Hallo Frank,
Ich finde es gut, dass du die Diskussion angestoßen hast. Immerhin kann das jedem passieren, dass in den einzelnen Bildern ein Fehler vorhanden ist. Für mich hat es den positiven Effekt, dass ich mir zukünftig auch immer die statistischen Werte anschauen werde.

Zur Zeit teste ich auch siril in Kombination mit APP und StarTools, da ich bei Gradienten entfernen und Rauschen reduzieren in siril noch nicht so ganz zu guten Ergebnissen komme.
Stacking und Farbkalibrierung finde ich jedoch sehr gut. Vor allem die Geschwindigkeit ist ein Pluspunkt.
Bei der Histogramm Transformation experimentiere und lerne ich derzeit noch.

Mal eine Frage in die Runde: bei welchem Schritt führt ihr das De-Bayern durch. Bei der Umwandlung (Also Schritt 1) oder bei dem Pre-Processing (Schritt 2)?

CS Tom

Hallo Tom,

Definitiv Schritt 2, also nach der Kalibrierung mit Darks/Bias und Flats. Bis dahin sollten alle Frames noch CFA Format sein. Beim Preprocessing einfach unten als letzten Schritt dabayern einschalten.

Umwandlung beim Konvertieren mache ich nur, wenn ich keine Kalibrationsframes habe.

Grüße,
Steffen

Yes it does symlink for the first step. Also, do you know that Siril handles now the FITS compression. Very useful when not a lot of disk space ;).

@lock042 Wow, that's great. Thanks for the hint. This is reducing the amount of diskspace needed for processing copies by more than a factor 5.

What I don't understand is the compression method and the quantization. Are the default parameters recommended on un calibrated images? The tool tip is saying that rice is having losses. But whats with the other methods?

I have some more questions, if you don't mind :)

When would I use the deconvolution tool in my workflow? With the predecessor tool I could never achieve any improvements therefore I never used it. And is there a description on how to use the parameters most efficiently?

I currently use to debayer my fits with RGGB in opposite direction but this is producing a mirrored image. The are some new offset parameters now. Can I somehow avoid this with the new parameters?

At the end, my only significant problem left in Siril is to produce colored stars over the full range of star colors up to middle of the star center. Red stars look pale orange after stretching, blue ones remain more or less white. I cannot achieve red and blue stars. I assume this is cause stretching makes stars burning out and become white at the center. I understood that asinh stretching is protecting the star colors. But I never can stretch with asinh far enough that blue stars remain blue in the center after the final stretch. It's because the asinh stretch is producing oversaturated color artifacts very quickly in my images. I apply asinh on the unstretched image right after background extraction and background neutralize and apply photometric color calibration on the stretched image right before removing green noise and saving the image for post processing. Is there a workflow to protect colors down to the star center even after the final stretch? I know that other software (like e.g. star tools) is achieving that by stretching luminance and color information separately. But how could I do something similar in Siril?

A smaller issue is to deal with aromatic aberration of the atmosphere. Currently I use a workaround to split the image into r, g, b and use the RGB composite tool to put it together again. The problem is that this has to be done before stretching because you get color artifacts if done afterwards. Tools like Fitswork and Autostakkert have a align color channel feature. Would it be an idea to add an option doing this automatically during stacking/registration?

Apart from that again a big thank you. The deeper I dive into all those new feature the more exited I become. There's still a lot to test for me like the new HA/OIII extraction for my duo band images I just found in the documentation.

CS Joachim

And thanks to the different behaviour of Siril you did see it

Touché :)

But wait, not so fast! I inspected the Files with PixInsights Blink Tool. Which showed me two almost black Files, so i added the Statistics Function and got a clear hint, that those files didn´t have the right exposure times.
Is there any quick Image Browser Function in Siril?

CS Frank

What I don't understand is the compression method and the quantization. Are the default parameters recommended on un calibrated images? The tool tip is saying that rice is having losses. But whats with the other methods?
Hello. Default parameters are good enough. But yes, for floatting point precision it is compression with loss.
Can I somehow avoid this with the new parameters?
Play with the debayer orientation instead.
pply photometric color calibration on the stretched image
That's a mistake. Photometric color calibration must be applied on linear data. Always. If you have some trouble with star colors maybe it is because these stars are saturated. In this case you can't recover the color.
Would it be an idea to add an option doing this automatically during stacking/registration?
We already have ths kind of option. Make a selection around a star. Go to the RGB tab. Right clic and choose RGB align.
Is there any quick Image Browser Function in Siril?
We have the sequence image browser yes. As Siril works with sequence, you can browse all the images very easily.

We already have ths kind of option. Make a selection around a star. Go to the RGB tab. Right clic and choose RGB align.
I just tried this option at three different stages in the workflow:
After preprocessing, after registration and after stacking -> in all cases siril crashed without any message. It just closed the window.
I used the option "Single star alignment" for RGB alignment.

Could you check that?

I just used this option in version 0.9.12 and there it is working.

But I still have a question: at which stage of the workflow should this alignment option be used?
After Pre-processing, after registration or after stacking?

CS Tom

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
After preprocessing, after registration and after stacking -> in all cases siril crashed without any message. It just closed the window.
Oh yes I forgot. 0.99.4 has a bug we've already fixed.

But I still have a question: at which stage of the workflow should this alignment option be used?
After Pre-processing, after registration or after stacking?
Generally there is no need to do that, especially for chromatic aberration.

Ich habe zwei Fragen zur neuen Version:
- Wurde die 2x Drizzle Option entfernt?
- Gibt es eine Option, Bilder mit unterschiedlichem Binning zu stacken?
CS Tom

Hallo Tom,

die erste Frage kann ich beantworten. 2x Drizzle gibt es noch unter Registrierung neben der Ausführungstaste. Zur Zweiten kann ich nichts sagen, außer dass Software Binning nichts bringt außer Speicherplatz zu sparen. Man kann die Datei am Ende genauso gut runter sampeln. Da Siril zum Sampeln intelligentere Algorithmen verwendet als das simple Zusammenlegen der Kamera, würde ich sogar vermuten, dass Binning mit der CMOS eher Nachteile hat. Probiert habe ich allerdings nur ein zwei mal exemplarisch und konnte auf den ersten Blick keinen Unterschied feststellen.

CS Joachim

Gibt es eine Option, Bilder mit unterschiedlichem Binning zu stacken?
Ich vermute, hier ist gemeint, ob Bilder, die mit unterschiedlichem Binning aufgenommen wurden, gemeinsam gestackt werden können?
Das sollte möglich sein. Die Ausgangsbilder müssen nicht zwangsläufig die gleiche Auflösung haben, die Registrierung kommt damit klar. Ich würde darauf achten, dass das Referenzframe eines mit höherer Auflösung ist (also z.b. 1x1 Binning). Dadurch werden die weniger aufgelösten Bilder hochskaliert (anstatt andersherum).
Soweit ich weiß gibt es aber keine Gewichtung dabei, d.h. die Bilder gehen gleichwertig in das Stackergebnis ein, egal ob mit oder ohne Binning aufgenommen.

Grüße,
Steffen

Hi Joachim und Steffen
Danke für eure Tipps :) Werde es mal testen.
Was ich auch probiert habe, war das 2x Drizzeln bei den Bin 2x2 Bildern anzuwenden. Die werden ja dann auf 1x1 hochskaliert.
Wenn das allerdings automatisch funktioniert ist das wesentlich einfacher.
Ich denke aber, ich werde zukünftig auf 1x1 Binning setzen auch wenn es dann leicht Oversampling hat. Das kann man bei der Bearbeitung dann ja immer noch ausgleichen.

Allerdings bin ich heute auf ein anderes Problem bei der photometrischen Farbkalibrierung gestoßen:
Das Plate Solving wird durchgeführt und findet auch Sterne. Alle diese Sterne werden dann aber bei der photometrischen Farbkalibrierung plötzlich ausgeschlossen.
Gibt es hier Möglichkeiten, das irgendwie zu beeinflussen? Habt ihr das auch schon mal gehabt?
siril_Farbkal_Fehlermeldung.JPG

CS Tom

Ich habe die neue Version nun eine Weile getestet und muss sagen, dass die Ergebnisse wirklich gut sind.
Besonders positiv aufgefallen sind mir:
- die De-Bayer Algorithmen sehr gute Ergebnisse bisher mit dem RCD)
- die hohe Geschwindigkeit
- die Kalibrierung und Normalisierung der Bilder
- Grünes Rauschen entfernen (arbeitet sehr gut)
- Linear Fit Option beim Stacken
- Photometrische Farbkalibrierung (gute, reale Farben)
- Asinh Stretch (höher Kontrast, keine blassen Farben, dunkler Hintergrund)
- die neue Dekonvolution Option bringt erheblich bessere Ergebnisse

Was man optimieren kann sind die Script Befehle. Mit diesen kann man beim Registrieren und Stacken leider nicht alle Optionen nutzen, die im manuellen Betrieb verfügbar sind. Zum Beispiel steht beim Reject Befehl nur Winsorized zur Verfügung und nicht Linear Fit.

FAZIT
Absolut empfehlenswert und dazu noch kostenlos (wobei ich trotzdem eine Spende per PayPal gemacht habe, da sie es verdienen)

VG und CS
Tom

By the way: the + and - buttons for zoom is a really good fix. I forgot to mention this "bug" before but I was missing this functionality ;)

I just found another bug in the latest version 0.99.6:
The scroll bars disappeared after using the zoom function or the 1:1 option.
So now when zooming in it is impossible to move the visible part of the picture.
This makes zoom almost useless. Should be fixed in the next version or better as soon as possible. Because testing is also not possible if I can't see certain parts of the picture to evaluate impacts of functions.

Update:
After I saw the message with ctrl+wheel I tried to use ctrl+left mouse button ... and voila ... the frame is moving :)
No need for the scroll bars ...

Hallo Siril Anwendergemeinde

Ich habe eben die RGB Ausrichtung getestet, welche in der vorherigen Version nicht funktioniert hat.
Diese arbeitet jetzt wieder ohne Absturz.
Und sie liefert auch sehr gute Ergebnisse. Ich habe an einem fertig gestackten und bearbeiteten Bild die Funktion "RGB Ausrichtung" angewendet. Diese korrigiert Farbverschiebungen an den Rändern der Sterne und entfernt diese in wenigen Sekunden.
Hier zwei Beispiele.
Das obere Bild vor der Ausrichtung (man sieht deutlich links den blauen Rand und rechts den rötlichen Rand).
Das untere Bild nach der Ausrichtung (die Ränder sind einheitlich und die Farbverschiebung ist verschwunden).
RGB Align before.JPG
RGB Align after.JPG

Hi everybody,

I downloaded the 0.99.4 Version a few weeks ago. Yesterday I tried to get the mentioned 99.6 Version using the update function int the software itself but this gave me a connection error.
So I went to the official page, downloaded the beta installer and ended up with installing 99.4 again. Did I miss something?

CS
Andreas

Status
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
Oben